- taken or caught as if in a trap
You know how ribbed socks really are the best socks (shhh, it’s a secret, don’t tell lacy socks I said that)? How they fit perfectly and are so comfy to wear and are super soothing to knit? But you sort of want something a little zingier to really hold your attention? Well these might just be the perfect pair!
The lattice work at the top is lovely and fun (and just fancy enough that you feel clever doing it), and the ribbing is comfy and shows off all your beautiful yarn perfectly. The combo makes for a sock that is fun to knit and easy to wear (even if your intended sock target insists on fairly sedate socks).
The pattern comes in four sizes (56, 64, 72, and 80 stitch cast on) to fit most anyone. And of course you should feel free to adjust your gauge a bit to fine tune the fit of the sock. Just be sure that you’re working at a gauge that gives you a sturdy sock fabric with your chosen yarn. I recommend working at something around 7, 8, or 9 stitches per inch, and I’ve included a table to help you figure out what gauge you’ll want to use for the size you need.
These are perfect for you if:
- You share my secret belief that ribbed socks are the best
- You love that little bit of lattice
- You have some beautiful sock yarn to show off
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)