Fluttering Birdie Cardi
Pattern revisited on Oct 19th, 2013. Please check your version and update it!
“Fluttering Birdie” is an original seamlessy top-down cardigan easily adaptable to all seasons and uses.
This cardigan is designed for a little close-fitting around the shoulders and a soft flourish-shaping on waist. A simple lace panel lightens the garment and enlivens the lower body!
- app. 720 (820, 870, 1050, 1150, 1350, 1600) yards of any unspun pre-yarn as Kauni, Evilla, Aade Long Heie, Istex Plötulopi. A lightweight yarn, work with larger needle to get an airy fabric result is really recommended.
- 32”/ 80cm or wider US 8/ 5mm circular needle or different size to obtain gauge
- 32”/ 80cm US 7/ 4.5mm circular needle
- US8/ 5mm dpn’s (optional)
- US7/ 4.5mm dpn’s (to make I-Cords)
- 8 stitch markers
- pin clasp (optional)
- yarn needle
- waste yarn or stitch holders
Chest (finished measures): 30 33, 35, 39, 43, 47, 51 inches/ 76 83, 89, 99, 110, 120, 130 cm.
The cardigan is designed for a little close-fitting on the upper part of garment.
0-1 inch/0-3 cm of negative ease is recommended.
Sample shown XS size worn on a 31” bust
A special thank to my testers!
Please, PM me with any question or to report an error.