Free Spirit Tote
~Poetry in Yarn patterns are available through Ravelry’s in-store sales program. If you are a LYSO contact us for a complimentary pattern.~
This sample item won honorable mention in the 2010 Annual Crochet Guild of America Design Contest
The Free Spirit Tote will quickly become one of your favorite projects. The majority of the bag is done in single crochet with variations such as slip stitch embroidery and frequent color changes to make it anything but boring. The Free Spirit Tote is nice and roomy with button loops that go around the sides of the top to cinch in the opening and keep contents more secure. The small quantities of yarn required for each color make this a great project for all those leftover skeins hiding in your stash.
Finished measurements: Approximately 30.25 inches circumference at opening and 13.5 inches tall excluding handles.
This pattern uses US crochet terminology.
- Stitch symbol diagram(s): yes
- Schematic(s): yes
- DK weight yarn 175 yards each colors A, B, C 150 yards each colors D, E 50 yards color F
- Sample made in Rowan Cotton Glace 100% cotton (1.75 oz 50 g, 125 yd 115 m), 2 skeins each #739 Dijon (A), #833 Ochre (B), #445 Blood Orange (C), #787 Hyacinth (D), #812 Ivy (E), and 1 skein #746 Nightshade (F)
- Size F/5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Two 1.25 inch (32 mm) buttons
- Stitch marker