Worked from the bottom up seamlessly, Gemini knits up quickly using a lofty Worsted weight yarn. Lanaloft is a soft, plump singles yarn that lends fabric a muted feel, yet showcases garter texture beautifully.
The body of the cardigan is worked in one piece upto armholes, where it is joined together with the sleeves, for the raglan yoke to be finished seamlessly. The button bands are added after the cardigan is finished and simultaneously the shawl collar is shaped with short rows to let it lay across the shoulders comfortably. The cardigan closes with snaps and is meant to be worn with slight positive ease.
- DIFFICULTY Intermediate - knitting in the round and flat, knit, purl, short rows, simple decreases and increases, and finishing.
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS 30¼ (34¼, 38¼, 42¼, 46¼, 50¼) in / 77 (87, 97, 107.5, 117.5, 127.5) cm bust circumference, buttoned. Cardigan shown measures 34¼ in, modeled with zero ease.
- YARN Brown Sheep Company Lanaloft (100% wool; 160 yds / 146 m / 100 g) #LL255W rose marquee, 5 (5, 6, 7, 7, 8) skeins. Substitute with approximately 710 (800, 890, 990, 1080, 1170) yds / 640 (730, 820, 900, 990, 1070) m of Aran or heavy Worsted weight yarn with the following knitting gauge.
- GAUGE 16 sts and 24 rows = 4 in / 10 cm in Stocking stitch using 5mm (US8) needles. Adjust needle size if necessary to get the correct gauge.
- NEEDLES AND NOTIONS Size 8 (5 mm): circular and set of double-pointed needles. Stitch markers of 2 different colours, stitch holders, tapestry needle, six large snaps.