Intermingling is a new take on the basic garter triangle, using a two-color slip stitch edging and a frilly bind off.
This shawl is worked from the top down, starting with a garter tab (for which a photo tutorial is included with the pattern). To knit this shawl, you need to know how to:
- do a provisional cast on,
- pick up stitches along a garter edge,
- knit and purl when working flat,
- do directional increases (m1L and m1R),
- slip stitches, and
- cast on stitches using the cable cast on.
The shawl uses approximately 420-440 yds./384-402.5 m of the main color and 50-60 yds./46-55 m of the contrast color.