Joji Mystery Wrap
Joji Mystery Wrap
Please read before signing up! ❤️
Welcome to another rare mystery knit-along adventure with Joji. In the quest to knit this beautiful wrap (stole), we will have fun unveiling each clue while playing with color and texture.
I wouldn’t want to make any knitter disappointed with the finished outcome, but the point of a Mystery Knit Along is not knowing what you’ll be making, there’s always that risk…
Therefore, here are some facts about the wrap that will help you decide if you will like to embark on this project:
- The shape is a true rectangle. This wrap can be worn as a wrap, blanket scarf or even as a blanket.
- Approx. measurements are 26½ x 72” (66 x 180 cm) blocked.
- It has a graphic look, but it is still classic.
- You will need yarn in 5 colors and you will use up a lot of your yarn, so you need full skeins.
- The total approx. yardage is 1700 yards (1555 m). It is a BIG wrap. Please be aware of this.
- There will be 5 different clues, spread out over 5 weeks.
- It is good for all levels. There will be TV knitting and more engaged knitting. You will sure have fun.
- There is no brioche involved. There are no short rows either.
- There is a little bit of simple lace, about 10% of the total project.
- There is a lot of garter stitch.
We will be using 2 hasthags in social media: #jojimysterywrap and #startingpointmkal
For us, most of the fun comes from sharing your knitting with our community, so we will be having a conversation thread in the Designs by Joji Ravelry group. We will also be opening a special ‘spoiler’ thread for you to post photos in.
Remember that also, part of the fun is that you don’t know what you are actually making, so we ask that you don’t use a photo of your work in progress as the main photo in your project page. Instead, we have created a few images that you can copy and paste or you can use any image you like (for example, your yarn choices?).
There are 5 clues to be revealed and they will be delivered weekly as follows:
clue 1 - May 12
clue 2 - May 19
clue 3 - May 26
clue 4 - June 2
clue 5 - June 9
The wrap will be revealed and published as a whole pattern on June 23.
The final price of the pattern will be 20% higher ($5).
Yarn: Five (5) skeins of fingering weight yarn in 5 different colors.
You will receive a guide with all the yardages required for the pattern and some guidance for choosing colors and putting them together. But we encourage you to try any possible color combination you like!
Needles: 2 sets of US 6 (4 mm) circular or straight needle. If you are using circulars, 24-32” are good lengths, but choose any length you are comfortable with.
I recommend making a swatch to see if you like your colors together.
Your working gauge should be 23 sts and 44 rows. BUT your finished (pinned, stretched and blocked out) gauge should be 19 sts and 38 rows.
Both gauges are given to 4” (10 cm) on US 6 (4 mm) needles in garter stitch.
Small typo on the planning page: The color number 2 was listed twice. Of course, it should be color 2 and then color 3. Color 2 was just trying to steal the show ;)