Lillebror & Saami
• As there are two colors, I have made two versions: Lillebror (patterned gusset) and Saami (ribbed gusset)
• The socks are worked toe-up on (1 or 2) circular needle(s), starting with Judy’s Magic Cast On. Please use dpn’s if you like.
• The toe and gusset are patterned, the foot sole is entirely in Stockinette stitch.
• The socks feature ‘gusset and flap’ heels: gusset increases are worked on upper foot, the reinforced heel is turned with short rows, then the gusset stitches are decreased away as the reinforced heel flap is worked.
• Short-row turns for heel turn are concealed by wrapping a stitch at each turn. On transition row, work each wrap with the stitch it wraps, as follows: To knit a stitch with its wrap on the left side of the heel turn, insert right needle under front of wrap and into knit stitch, and knit together. To knit a stitch with its wrap on the right side of the heel turn, insert right needle under front of wrap and into knit stitch, and knit together through the back loops.
• Slip all stitches as if to purl with yarn held to wrong side, unless instructed otherwise.
• Both sizes feature the same upper foot gusset. The sizes differ in the number of increases for the gusset: 2x 15 for medium, 2x 17 for large. To create socks of even larger sizes, add more gusset stitches.
• Both sizes feature the same heel turn and heel flap.
• All cables are knit through the back loop