Little Bear's Porridge (an oversized reversible wrap)
Easy to knit and easy to wear, this reversible oversized wrap is sure to become a seasonal favourite. Using super-chunky merino yarn, it is made up of five seperate squares that are knit-in-the round, with alternating knit and purl elements and three different increases which make a subtle geometric pattern. The squares are then sewn together and a simple crochet border added. The result is a snuggly textured piece with a rustic vibe, which you’ll want to ‘cwtch up’ in all winter.
This simple but effective knit is suitable for all levels.
You will need:
- 400g (4 balls) Rowan Drift in China Clay
- 10 mm double pointed needles (optional: 10 mm circular needles and 4 stitch markers)
- 10 mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for sewing-up
- Pins for blocking
- Knitting in the round.
- There are increases on alternate rows, these are yo, pbf & kfb.
- UK Treble Crochet stitch (instructions provided).
Finished size is 38 cm x 138 cm after lightly blocking into shape. (Additional squares can be added to make it huge, and would require approximately 52g of additional yarn for each, plus extra for sewing up and the border).
If you wish to substitute yarns, please check the gauge as not all yarns marketed as “super chunky” knit to the same gauge and you may end up with a smaller wrap.