Looking for an everyday, scrumptious cowl that you never want to take off? Knit the Mandy Cowl and you’ll love it’s soft, squishy texture and incredible warmth. Though this pattern has a feminine name, it’s style is unisex so it can easily be knit for a man or woman.
This pattern includes:
- Chart AND written instructions, plus a tutorial for knitting the lace section (if you check out the Amanda Hat Tutorial on YouTube)
- Step by Step photos for the optional Garter Strap/Button section of the cowl - for a more snug fit.
- Suggestions for creating a taller or smaller cowl
- You need around 1 skein (or less) of yarn for the cowl (if knit as directed)…I have suggested three wonderful yarns that would work well with this pattern.
- If knitting the optional Garter Strap/Button part of the cowl, you will need a 1” button of your choice and needle & thread.
- I believe that a variegated yarn works best for this pattern, but a solid or kettle dyed yarn would look lovely as well.
Please check out Zarzuela’s “Amanda Cowl” here on Ravelry for another variation of this cowl. It’s knit using handspun yarn and is a more snuggly fitting cowl than mine, but very beautiful.