Material Girl Socks and Wristlets
This pattern by Kate Atherley of wisehildaknits.com will make you want to draw on a fake mole, wear your bra as outerwear and constantly re-invent yourself.
Three-page full-colour PDF includes pattern for socks and wristlets in three women’s sizes, with tips for personalizing the fit.
Calls for 2 x 50g skeins of Van Der Rock Super Sock or Merino Sock and shown here in Neon.
Your purchase entitles you to three downloads of the file with no expiry date on your ability to download.
Material Girl is the first in a series of rockin’ sock designs from Kate. Check back during Summer 2010 for more patterns inspired by women who rock.
Sizing for Socks:
Women’s S – fits up to shoe size 6½, Women’s M – fits shoe sizes 7-9, Women’s L – fits shoe sizes 9½+. For wider feet, work a larger size.
Sizing for Wristlets:
Women’s S - hand circumference 18 cm/7 inches, Women’s M - hand circumference 19 cm/7.5 inches, Women’s L - hand circumference 20 cm/8 inches.
- 2 x 50 gm skein Van Der Rock Super Sock yarn in Neon will make a pair of short socks and a pair of wristlets.
- 1 set 2.5mm/US 1 double pointed needles or a 32 inch/80 cm or longer 2.5mm/US 1 circular needle for magic loop method
- 1 set 2.75mm/US 2 double pointed needles or a 32 inch/80 cm or longer 2.75mm/US 2 circular needle for magic loop method
- 24 stitches and 42 rows over 4 inches/10 cm square in lace pattern using 2.5mm/US 1 needles, after blocking
- 32 stitches and 42 rows over 4 inches/10 cm square in stocking stitch in the round using 2.5mm/US 2 needles, after blocking.