Mike the microbe and Mac the macrobe
These microbes are super-fluffy and really fun! (Mac’s the big one, Mike’s the tiny guy) They’re also quick to make, so you can end up with a whole family in no time. These microbes are a great opportunity to try using some really fun yarn in great colors!
Large: Approx 8” tall
Small: Approx 6” tall
Yarns: Frabjous Fibers Banana Silk (100% rayon made from banana fiber; 7oz/200g; 150 yds/137m)
- (Large) MC: 260 yards in Celery
- (Small) MC: 150 yards shown in Celery and Turquoise Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Cotton (100% organic cotton; 3.5oz/100g; 150 yds/137m)
- (both sizes) CC: 15 yards in color 615 Tulip
Hooks and Notions:
- Size K/10.5 (6.5mm) crochet hook
- Size H/8 (5.0 mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Two 12mm black plastic craft eyes
- A few handfuls of stuffing
With size K hook and MC, 5 rnds of lp st = 3” diameter circle
note: When you’re crocheting with handspun yarn that is thicker in some spots than others (like Banana Silk), your gauge may vary slightly from specified. What is important is that you like the look of your crocheted fabric, and change needle sizes, if necessary, until you are satisfied .