More Knit Snowflakes Pattern PDF
Don’t let crocheters have all the fun… knit up your own flurry of snowflakes!
(…or, for even more knit snowflake designs, check out my first set of snowflakes here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18308476)
This is knitting pattern suitable for intermediate to experienced knitters, and involves the following techniques:
- Working in the round
- Twisted stitches (knit through back loop)
- Increases (yo, double yo, knit front and back) and Decreases (k 2 tog and slip 1, k 1, psso)
- Provisional Cast On
- Short Rows
- 2-st Right Cross (instructions are included in pattern, or can be found here: http://www.tata-tatao.to/knit/stitches/cross/e-index.html...)
- Double Vertical Decrease (instructions are included in pattern, or can be found here: http://www.tata-tatao.to/knit/stitches/decrease/e-index.h...)
- Over Increase (instructions are included in pattern, or can be found here: http://www.tata-tatao.to/knit/stitches/increase/e-index.h...)
Each finished snowflake measures about 4 to 6 inches across, and takes between 15 and 25 yards of size 10 crochet cotton.
This pattern is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. In short, this means that you ARE allowed to make and sell items made from this pattern, or other derivative works, so long as you give me credit for the original design, and make your own work available under the same terms.
This pattern is written in English and all needle sizes, abbreviations, etc. are American. Contains 14 fully-illustrated pages.
US Size 3 Double Pointed Needles
Foam or Cardboard
Tapestry Needle (for weaving in yarn ends)
DMC Baroque Crochet Cotton: White, or size 10 crochet cotton of choice (about 15 to 25 yds per snowflake)