Ms Moneybags features two designs, pick whichever you like.
A pattern to cut your lining material is included as are full, illustrated instructions for sewing your finished bag into a frame.
Ms Moneybags is a great little project to try your hand at some advanced techniques. The resulting purses are sturdy and ideal for storing coins or knitting accessories.
- 0.2 skein of Vintage Purls Sock yarn (100g/384m/420 yards) in background colour.
- 0.2 skein of Vintage Purls Sock yarn (100g/384m/420 yards) in foreground colour.
- 2.00mm needles or size that gives you gauge. Magic Loop, 2 circulars or 5 double point needles.
- Purse frame 10cm (4”) wide, 4.5cm (1¾”) deep. Ensure the frame has holes for sewing into. (Frames are readily available on Etsy. The modelled frames are from this seller.)
- A small quantity of felt or other non-fraying material and matching thread for lining. A 20cm (10”) square of felt will be adequate. Allow extra if you need to hem your lining.
- A sharp tapestry needle for sewing your knitting into the frame. Ensure the head will fit through the holes in your frame.
This pattern debuted as instalment three of the Vintage Purls Winter Sock Yarn Club 2013. This pattern was exclusive to the club until October 1st.