Myrna takes advantage of Bugga!’s soft hand to create a simple set that emphasizes the luxury of a cashmere blend. The smooth stockinette of the gloves makes a great showcase for a handpainted yarn. The cowl is knit with stripes of textured lace that create a charming accordion fold when the button tab is fastened. Paired, this set finishes an outfit perfectly. Choose a soft and stretchy sportweight yarn for a satisfying result. The pattern works well with solid and variegated yarns alike, making it a great stashbuster. Pick your favorite buttons for an extra touch of fun.
Cowl: one size
Mitts: Small, medium, large/6 (6.5, 7) inches at wrist
- 412 yards of Cephalopod Yarns or Verdant Gryphon Bugga! will work for both cowl and mitts in all sizes.
- Cowl: 225 yards sportweight yarn, shown in Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! 70% Superwash Merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon; 412 yds per 113gm skein, shown in colorway Banana Slug
- Mitts: 160 (175, 186) yards sportweight yarn, shown in Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! 70% Superwash Merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon; 412 yds per 113gm skein, shown in colorway Banana Slug
- U.S. size 2.5 (3 mm) 16” circular needle
- 1 set U.S. size 2.5 (3 mm) double pointed needles OR long circular needle for Magic Loop
- 3 markers, one distinct for start of round
- tapestry needle
- 3 decorative buttons (11.5 mm/ 7/16 inch)
26 sts/37 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
Tech edited by Lauren Cross