Dancing Dog Dye Works ~ Monster Mania Club November 2012
Noodle is knit in the round so there is no seaming. His body & head are knit as one piece from the bottom up. You will stuff as you go and close at the top of his head. Ears, limbs & tail are all worked in the round as well and then attached to the body.
- Dancing Dog Dye Works sample (dark purple) used approx. 133 yds and is 9 inches tall
- Knit Picks Wool of the Andes sample (light purple) used approx. 152 yds and is 9.5 inches tall
The pattern was designed using Worsted Weight yarn, but any weight yarn can be used as long as you adjust your needles accordingly. You want a tight fabric when knitting toys so the polyfil won’t poke through. I always go down 1 - 2 needle sizes from the smallest size recommended on the yarn label.
- I will typically use a US 5 or 6 for Worsted, US 2 or 3 for DK & US 0 or 1 for Fingering
- knitting in the round
- k2tog - knit 2 sts together (decrease)
- k3tog - knit 3 sts together(decreases 2 sts)
- B/O - bind off
- kfb - knit through the front & back of the stitch (increase)
- ssk - slip, slip, knit these 2 sts together (decrease)
- sssk - slip, slip, slip, knit these 3 sts together (decreases 2 sts)
- CDD - centered double decrease (decreases 2 sts)
- M1L - make 1 (front)(left). An increase. From the front, lift loop between stitches with left needle, knit into back of loop
- M1R - make 1 (back) (right). An increase. From the back, lift loop between stitches with left needle, knit into front of loop (Don’t worry, the m1r & m1l increases are only for the tail - the rest of the increases are all kfb) ☺
Materials & Tools
- Dancing Dog Dye Works Waltz Worsted in the H.R.H. Henry color way (H.is R.oyal H.ighness) or yarn of your choice
- Needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use. I recommend going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label.
- this project can be worked on DPN’s, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my preferred method), just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
- stitch marker (for marking the beginning of round)
- safety eyes & nose - I used 15mm eyes & 21mm nose on my Worsted Weight samples purchased from seller 6060 on Etsy
- wool felt (optional)
Happy knitting & creating!