This stole is worked in a manner similar to Orenburg gossamer. It starts at the lower left corner with the bottom teeth border. Then the stitches for the bottom frame are picked up along the straight selvedge of the bottom border, and both the frame and the field are worked with the side teeth borders. Finally, the top teeth border is knitted sideways onto the live stitches of the top frame, and then its remaining stitches are grafted to the left teeth border at the upper left corner.
The pattern is charted in Orenburg style with colored yarnovers.
Download consists of two parts:
- o-stole mio.pdf - written description with colored holes chart and regular lace charts of motifs used
- o-stole worksheet.pdf - enhanced colored holes chart with all decreases included
Please note there are two files for each language.
- provisional cast-on
- garter stitch grafting
- picking-up stitches
- basic lace stitches (knit, yarnover, k2tog, k3tog)
- following charts
- lace blocking
Gauge swatch with Chart 4 is 29 sts x 50 rows and equals to 6.25”x4.125” (16x10.5 cm) unblocked, 6.25”x6.25” (16x16 cm) blocked.
Most testers reported they’d rather choose smaller needles to obtain the gauge.
Original sample was knitted with Kollage Firm Cable circulars.
Additional yardage information:
- Seam Alpaca baby lux: 874 yds (800 m)/100 g on US 2.5 (3 mm) needles, finished size 20”x80” (50x200 cm)
- Filatura di Trivero (50% baby suri alpaca, 20% cashmere, 30% silk; 1970 yds (1800 m) per 100 g): 1437 yds (1314 m)/73 g on US 2 (2.75 mm) needles, finished size 20”x88” (50x220 cm)
- Estelle Yarns Baby silk lace: 930 yds (850 m)/107 g on US 5 (3.75 mm) needles, finished size 22”x82” (55x205 cm)
Estimated time: approx. 35 hours at an average speed of 30 sts per minute.
01-Feb-2015: ver.1.02 available (row numbering for Honeycomb charts is revised, thanks to JaneShmoe)
01.02.2015: выпущена версия 1.02 (скорректирована нумерация рядов в схемах с сотами)