A warm and versatile cowl that can be rolled, folded, scrunched, and stretched for wearing several ways. It’s naturally stretchy, and becomes deliciously so in a bouncy wool yarn like Mochi Plus or Noro.
Fast and easy to crochet because you crochet only into every other stitch, in a spiral. This means no turning, no joining rounds, no counting stitches! This is a great way to use a self-shading or self-striping yarn with long color repeats.
A simple type of increasing is used for the rounds at the shoulder. Another lovely quality of this stitch is that the increases are almost completely invisible.
Skill Level: Easy. Pattern is written with a limited amount of abbreviations.
International English equivalents to American measurements, yarn weights, and stitch terms are provided in brackets.
After using this pattern you will know (if you didn’t already):
- How to crochet the mesh rib stitch
- How to work in the round in a spiral fashion (no joining or turning)
- How to begin with a foundation hdc
- How to increase easily as you work in a spiral to widen for shoulders.
Finished Dimensions of Pictured Project (measured flat and unstretched)
- Width at neck opening: 19 inches (48 cm) inside diameter.
- Width at widest shoulder opening: 35 inches (89 cm) inside diameter.
- Total height: 14.5 inches (37 cm). Width and length of neckwarmer is easy to customize; “how-to” instructions are included in the pattern. (Yarn requirements may change.)