Owls Two Ways (knit)
PDF DOWNLOAD HAS BOTH SETS OF INSTRUCTIONS FOR A KNITTED AND A CROCHETED OWL
This is a pair of universal simple one-piece owl patterns. Using the yarn of your choice, owls are stitched with a needle or hook 2 sizes smaller than the yarn normally calls for. For example, I used worsted weight yarn and a size F hook for the brown owl and the same weight yarn and size 6 (4.0 mm) dpns for the gray one.
Both owls share the same finishing instructions and are done in the round from the bottom up.
In addition to yarn and needles or hook, you will need the following tools and materials:
• Buttons OR safety eyes OR felt circles for eye centers
• Felt circles to make eye circles
• Small scrap of felt OR a small scrap of yarn to make a beak for your owl
• Toy stuffing to fill owl AND a small bag of rice, beans, or poly-pellets to weight the bottom.
• Needle and thread for sewing on beak and eyes
• Yarn needle to close the top of the owl
• Stitch marker to mark the first stitch of your rounds (I used a locking one for both.)