Personalized Christmas Stocking From 1945
From the resourceful groupW.
The stocking pattern was advertised in Woman’s Home Companion in November 1945. (Page 25)
Notes from the pattern
- 20 inches (51cm) from top of stocking to heel.
- 8½ inches (21½cm)
from toe to heel.
- 4 oz. knitting worsted in each of red, white, and green.
- Small amount of blue.
- 3.75mm straight needles (or needles to obtain gauge)
- 1 set of 3.75mm needles
- 15-18 small round sequins,
- 3 star shaped sequins (if desired).
Sample was knit with DK yarn and 4mm needles.
This pattern is also available in German here