- having the surface thrown up into or marked with parallel ridges
This lovely, lightweight hat is marvelously adjustable! It works up quickly in almost any heavy fingering, sport, or light dk yarn and is especially well suited for fuzzy yarns like mohair or alpaca. The hat is written in 5 sizes, and sizing information is included for working at three gauges (4, 4.5, and 5 stitches per inch in stockinette). The combination means you can fit just about any size head you’d like (from toddler up to extra large adult).
The degree of crumple in the back can be altered to fit your taste, and the pattern includes detailed finishing instructions to make it easy to do.
This is perfect for you if:
- You love slouchy hats but can’t get them to behave
- You’re looking for an easy, unisex hat
- You bought a skein of fuzzy yarn and can’t quite figure out how to show it off
It’s not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)