Rip Tide Fringe Bag
The Rip Tide Fringe Bag is a small cross body, ripple patterned purse with fringe on the bottom. It’s a fairly easy pattern that can be made in a day! This bag will need to be lined, or at least have a zipper added to the opening, so basic sewing skills are also needed. A full photo tutorial on sewing the lining is included in the pattern.
● Worsted Weight Yarn (cotton recommended). Approximately 160 yards each of two different colors.
● Size F (4mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
● Yarn needle for finishing.
● 3/4” O rings for attaching the strap (don’t get D rings, they turn sideways and act funky). You can also just sew your strap directly to the bag if you prefer.
● 12 inch zipper.
● Small amount of fabric for the lining (a fat quarter will do).
● Basic sewing supplies. A sewing machine is useful but not necessary.
Finished Size: Approximately 22 inches around & 10 inches tall (not including fringe). Strap can be made any length.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Stitches & Techniques used: sc, hdc, dc, dc2tog, ch, sl st
Copyright © 2014 Julie King / Gleeful Things. All Rights Reserved.