This select pattern is included in the Indie Design Gift-A-Long! You are invited join us at http://www.ravelry.com/groups/indie-design-gift-a-long to participate. There will be hundreds of prizes, beautiful projects, access to your fave Indie Designers, and heaps of friendly, giftie chatter.
This cozy cardigan is a simple and rewarding knit – the finished garment is wonderfully flattering for lots of different shapes!
Solace is a seamless cardigan with raglan shaping, meaning that it’s easy to get a lovely professional finish, and you can try it on as you go to make sure that it fits you nicely. Three quarter length sleeves can be worn in any season or can be lengthened, if desired.
A simple slip stitch pattern is worked throughout with a ribbed band that is worked around the neck, front edges, hem and cuffs. No sewing of seams or grafting makes Solace wearable after weaving in a few ends!
- Worked from the neck edge down with raglan shaping, making it seamless and flat.
- 3/4 or desired length sleeves
- Ribbed band is worked around neck edge and lower edge sts and by picking up sts along each front.
800 (880, 980, 1180, 1300, 1475, 1600) yards
730 (805, 900, 1080, 1190, 1350, 1465) meters
Needles & Notions:
US 8 (5mm) OR size needed to obtain gauge; circular needles for body; 32” (80cm) length
- US 7 (4.5mm) needles OR 1 size smaller than size needed to obtain gauge; 16” (40cm) length
- US 7 (4.5mm) crochet hook; for button loop, if using a button
- 4 stitch markers to mark raglan shaping, plus optional markers to mark pattern repeats
- Waste yarn for sleeve stitches & provisional cast on 1.5” (3cm) button or shawl pin Tapestry Needle