Star Applique in 6 Sizes
You may have seen this Star Applique in my recent Seeing Stars Basic Baby Beanie post, or my Star and Stripes Baby Beanie post from this past 4th of July. Ever since I put it down in writing, I have wanted to try out different yarn types to see what other size options I could get. When I received these hooks, it instantly clicked - same pattern, different size hooks with yarn out of my stash - and so here it is.
- Cotton Thread - I used Aunt Lydias Classic Crochet Thread in Burgundy
- B/2mm Crochet Hook
- Sock Weight - I used Premier Yarns Wool-Free Sock Yarn in Pueblo
- D/3mm Crochet Hook
- Fine Weight (2) - I used Lion Brand’s Vanna’s Glamour in Diamond
- E/3.5mm Crochet Hook
- Light/Sport (3) - I used Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Sportweight in Red
- 7/4.5mm Crochet Hook
- Worsted (4) - I used Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn in Ivory Sparkle
- I9/5.5mm Crochet Hook
- Chunky (5) - I used Deborah Norville’s Serenity Chunky in After Dark
- J10/6mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in Ends - an #18 or #20 work great
- And my NEW Ergonomic Crochet Hooks from Haven for Hands! All sizes listed above under the respective yarn used
Any weight yarn will do - star measurements will vary.
Some hook sizes listed above are not standard US hook sizes. You can change out to the closest one you have - for example, in my now old set I did not have a 2mm but I had a 2.25mm and I did not have a 4.5mm but I had a 4.25mm.
I had each star ready to go in about ten minutes!
SC - Single Crochet
HDC - Half Double Crochet
DC - Double Crochet
TR - Triple Crochet (explained)
QUAD - Quadruple Crochet (explained)
Free Crochet Pattern on Blog.
PDF available for purchase through my Etsy & Craftsy Stores: