Suede Baby Booties: Knit (Archived)
(See also: Crochet version)
Baby booties worked in one piece; inspired by a popular brand of suede footwear. Sizes adjustable by using smaller/larger needles. From Knitty Gritty episode DKNG-110 which first aired September 03, 2004.
Sizes 3-6 (9-12) months.
- Berroco Suede, 1 ball #3714 Hopalong Cassidy
- Berroco Suede, 1 ball #3714 Wild Bill
- Berroco Plush, 1 ball #1901 Crema
- large-eye yarn needle
- row counter (optional)
Gauge in Stockinette stitch
- for smaller size - 24 stitches = 4” (10cm) with US 5 / 3.75 mm needles
- for larger size - 21 stitches = 4” (10cm) with US 6 / 4 mm needles
Here’s a link to the video for the bootie pattern.