Tara - SKA March 2012 Mystery Sock
Mystery sock for the Sock Knitters Anonymous, March 2012
The pattern has 4 clues, they will be released on March 1, March 8, March 15 and March 22, in the morning between 10:00 and 12:00 MET. In Europe I am 5 – 9 hours ahead in time with the USA.
The pattern will include charts.
Tara is designed in 4 sizes; small, medium, large and extra-large.
- S: 66 stitches, shoe size EU 36-37 (length 23,5 cm, width: 20 cm)
- M: 66 stitches, shoe size EU 38-39 (length 25 cm, width: 20 cm)
- L: 70 stitches, shoe size EU 40-41 (length 26,5 cm, width 22,5 cm)
- XL: 70 stitches, shoe size EU 42-43 (length 27,5 cm, width 22,5 cm)
The pattern will provide instructions for several sizes. This will give you enough options to figure out and make a proper fit sock for your feet. The pattern is stretchy with an average to tight fitting. As row gauge is important, please knit a gauge swatch or use clue 1 to compare your gauge. Adjustments for length can best be made in clue 1. When in doubt, use lifelines
- A skein of 4-ply sock yarn (100 gram / 420 meters, 459 yards).The socks will look best knitted with a smooth round yarn with good stitch definition in a solid or semi-solid colorway. Suggestion: MoonWise Gems or Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin
- A circular needle 80 cm or 5 DPN’s 2,5 mm (US #1.5)
- Stitch markers and cable needle, if preferred
- A darning needle, scissors, tape measure in metric system
32 stitches and 44 rows in stockinette on 10 cm, knit in the round with needle size 2,5 mm. Row gauge is important in this pattern! Use a larger or smaller needle to get gauge.