Thrummed to Please Headband
This pattern was designed for making a thrummed headband using Twisted Fiber Art self-striping DK or light worsted weight yarn together with matching roving for the thrums, but it can be used with any suitable weight yarn. The pattern includes directions for a cushy, ear-covering headband in two widths. It feels good outdoors or in.
Special features of the pattern are:
• Suggestions for different ways of combining thrum and yarn colors.
• Choice of Pithy Directions (inspired by Elizabeth Zimmerman) that give you the information you need in a very concise form and Row by Row Directions in case you prefer to follow directions given in more detail.
• A detailed tutorial with many photos on how to make the thrums.
• Directions for a variant which is sewn together and slips on or a variant which fastens with a button at the back of the neck.
• Detailed instructions on how to get the right length to fit your head.
This pattern, together with a pattern for a matching thrummed mittens plus coordinating yarn and roving will be included in a kit from Twisted Fiber Art to be introduced in late January 2012.