Tin Kitchen Blanket
This squishy little square uses slip stitches to create a radiating design. When sewn together as a blanket, the slips create a diamond motif that stands out from the fabric and reminds me of the punched tin ceiling tiles in my grandmother’s kitchen.
- written pattern, for 5 dpns or other circular method
- tech edited and knitter tested
- written for Worsted weight, but open to many variations
- worked in the round from the outside in
- suggestions are included for sewing into a blanket; the number of squares are up to you
Beyond blankets, squares can be used to make many things, such as pillows and scarves. Chalklegs knit one square and made an adorable pincushion!