Tweed Baby Blanket
A tweedy baby blanket inspired by traditional Hap Shawls of Shetland. Center square is worked back and forth in garter stitch. Lace edging is picked up and worked in the round with two or more colors.
Instructions for Lace Edging are charted.
This pattern was updated on March 1st, 2011 to include an additional larger size with a 3-color edging (shown in Browns).
2-Color Version (Grey) uses:
- 5 skeins of Shelter in “Sweatshirt”
- 2 skeins of Shelter in “Soot”
3-Color Version (Brown) uses:
- 6 skeins of Shelter in “Nest”
- 2 skeins of Shelter in “Pumpernickel”
- 1 skein of Shelter in “Woodsmoke”
Gauge for pattern:
4.25 sts and 4.25 ridges to 1 inch in Garter Stitch, unblocked, with smaller needle.
3.5 sts and 3.5 ridges to 1 inch in Garter Stitch, after blocking, on smaller needle