Volkswagen Bus Tissue Box Cover Camper Van
Here’s a chance to crochet your very own groovy Volkswagen (inspired) Camper Van Transporter Bus tissue box cover !
The cover fits over 2 standard rectangular tissue boxes, stacked on top of each other. This way you’ll always have 1 spare tissue box on hand !
This PDF pattern will guide you to crochet a tissue box cover as shown in picture, made using soft acrylic yarn (DK / 8 ply) and crochet hook E (3.5 mm).
The cover can also be made using wool or cotton yarn, as long as you can meet gauge for this pattern. The bus in picture is made using Stylecraft Special DK (similar to SMC Bravo). For US crocheters sport weight yarn will give the best result.
Finished size will be, including bumpers, approx. l x w x h : 9.8” x 5.1” x 5.1” (25 x 13 x 13 cm).
Approx. Gauge : 5 sc = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill level : advanced beginner
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- yarn: white (approx. 75 gram), grey, blue (both approx. 35 gram), small amounts of brown, black, red, orange
- 2 buttons for the headlights, diameter approx. 0.6“ (1.5 cm)
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, measuring tape, pins, optional: black and white sewing thread
- 2 rectangular tissue boxes, stacked on top of each other (I used Kleenex, size: 9” x 4.3” x 2.4” - 23 x 11 x 6 cm (l x w x h))
Used stitches : chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, increasing, decreasing, surface slip stitches
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment. There is also a printer friendly version included.
Dutch : Nederlandstalig patroon staat op PDF en is direct te downloaden na ontvangen betaling.