VW Beetle Tissue Holder Volkswagen
This PDF crochet pattern describes in US terminology, how to crochet a classic VW Beetle (inspired) Tissue Holder, as shown in the pictures.
Finished size will be approx. 10,6” (27 cm) long, 4,3” (11 cm) tall, 4,7” (12 cm) wide, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), with hook size E (3.5 mm).
The Beetle in the picture was made using Stylecraft Special DK. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn.
The pattern is mostly worked in continuous rounds. The windows are worked in rows.
Materials used :
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn in green (approx. 120 gr, 350 m / 390 yds), grey, white (both approx. 25 gr, 66 m / 73 yds), Black (approx. 40 gr, 120 m, 130 yds), small amounts of red, orange.
- Fiberfill stuffing, preferably a sturdy kind, 2 mother of pearl buttons, diameter approx. 0,7” (1,7 cm), 2 red buttons diameter approx. 0,6” (1,5 cm), 1 sewing snap button, diameter approx. 0,5” (1,4 cm)
- 2 Chenille wires or pipe cleaners, approx. 6” (15 cm) long
- 1 Piece of soft / flexible plastic canvas, approx. 5,5” x 9,5” (14 x 24 cm)
- 1 Square tissue box (I used a Kleenex, size: 4,3” x 4” x 4,72” - 11 x 10 x 12 cm (l x w x h))
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, optional: white and black sewing thread
Stitches used :
chain, slip stitch, single crochet, increasing and decreasing, bobble stitch (instruction included), surface slip stitches
Skill level : intermediate, mostly for the assembling part
for continuous rounds: 5 sc = 1”(2,50 cm) 5 rounds = 0,8” (2 cm)
for rows: 5 sc = 0,8” (2 cm), 5 rows = 0,8” (2 cm)
Pattern is my own original design, described in english, using US terminology.
If you like this design, click HERE, for more Millionbells crochet patterns !
English version (US terminology) of the pattern (PDF) is available as instand download after received payment.
Dutch : Nederlandstalig patroon staat op PDF en is direct te downloaden na ontvangen betaling.
Français : Modèle de langue Français est sur PDF et est immédiatement téléchargeable après paiement reçu.