yeti spaghetti & meatball
Fun, quick & easy! Yeti Spaghetti & Meatball are knit entirely in the round and can be worked in any weight yarn. Make a lovable toy or an ornament sized mini simply by adjusting needle size & yarn weight. Play with crazy variegated colorways and/or mix up different fibers to create a fuzzy Yeti. Not sure how the yarn will look? Knit up Meatball first for an adorable ‘swatch’ to help with your decision.
Happy knitting & creating~
-Fingering Weight Samples used approx 84 yds - Yeti measures 5 inches tall & Meatball is 1.25 inches tall
-Worsted Weight Samples used approx 130 yds - Yeti measures 8.25 inches tall & Meatball is 2.25 inches tall
-Heavy Worsted Samples used approx 170 yds - Yeti measures 8.5 inches tall & Meatball is 3 inches tall
Materials & Tools
- any weight yarn
- Needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use. I suggest going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label.
- this project can be worked on DPN’s, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my Preferred method), just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- additional needle for 3-needle dec
- tapestry and embroidery needles
- safety eyes - my samples purchased from seller 6060 on Etsy
- embroidery floss or yarn scraps for mouth
- wool felt for ‘face’
- fabric glue (optional)
- pdf template with oval shapes included with pattern
You want a tight fabric when knitting toys so the polyfil won’t poke through. I always go down 1 - 2 needle sizes from the smallest size recommended on the yarn label.
-3-needle decrease & join - instruction provided in pattern w/photos
-knitting in the round