EliseDupont > notebook > projects > Opera prototype

Project info
Opera prototype
Opera by Elise Dupont
Knitting
myself - protype
custom
Needle and yarn
US 2½ - 3.0 mm
922 yards
Lioness Arts Silky DK
460 yards in stash
2 skeins = 460.0 yards (420.6 meters), 200 grams
The Uncommon Thread Silky Merino DK
462 yards in stash
2 skeins = 462.0 yards (422.5 meters), 200 grams
ravelry
Notes

EDIT : The pattern is released

Custom projet for myself. Home made pattern.

I wanted to play with colors.

I used all the yarn, even had to change my plans for the sleeves : I wanted just a few stripes at the elbow, but since I did not have enough grey yarn to finish the sleeves, I had to place them lower and do much more stripes.

All waist and hips increase and decrease are made in front and in back (rather than at the sides of the body).

Knitted from top to down, with set in sleeves. The bottom is made with a double layer, to avoid big ribs like Amy Herzog advices for my body shape. Also I did put the lighter color on the top, to artificially try to broaden the shoulders ;)

viewed 2849 times | helped 8 people
Finished
no date set
April 24 2013
 
About this pattern
EliseDupont's star rating
EliseDupont's difficulty rating
22 projects, in 390 queues
About this yarn
Silky DK
by Lioness Arts
DK / 8 ply
50% Merino, 50% Silk
230 yards / 100 grams
EliseDupont's star rating
146 projects, stashed 198 times
About this yarn
Silky Merino DK
by The Uncommon Thread
DK / 8 ply
50% Merino, 50% Silk
231 yards / 100 grams
EliseDupont's star rating
38 projects, stashed 71 times
  • Project created: April 25, 2013
  • Finished: April 25, 2013
  • Updated: April 12, 2014