Full details of project here
Started project with a provisional cast on so that I could finish it with a good, strong 3-needle bind off.
Added one extra repeat of the ‘upper’ leaves pattern as row gauge was coming out too short but didn’t want to upsize needles as I didn’t want a wider bag.
If I were to make this again I would add another inch or so of rows after the decreases towards the top to give more fabric to turn over to join the handles as the length as given means that the bag has a very limited opening, which I got around by making the lining longer and using that to sew down.
Inner pocket added to keep phone safe and accessible.