This project was completed quite a few years ago, although I do not remember exactly when. I generally prefer knitting to crochet, but this was a quick and easy project. It has been tucked away for years. I am not sure what made me think of it, but I decided it would be perfect with my 1947 reproduction gown.
The bag is incredibly easy to make up. I finished the inside with some lining fabric and a snap so things would not get tangled in the yarn.
If I ever make another, I would use a magnetic snap fastening - it can be a little challenging closing an old fashioned snap when the clutch is full of lipsticks and phones!
I had some yarn left over so I crocheted a rosette, which was sewn to the front flap of the bag.
The free pattern may be found over at lionbrand.com