MissBeaCurtis > notebook > projects > Slouchy Teal Cardigan

Project info
Slouchy Teal Cardigan
My First Raglan Cardigan by Lion Brand Yarn
Knitting
me
1X
Needles & yarn
US 6 - 4.0 mm
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Wendy Aran with Wool
2 skeins = 1750.0 yards (1600.2 meters), 800 grams
845
Blue-green
C&H
Notes

19.5.14
Finished it. It’s a bit shapeless and not particularly flattering. It’s quite tight-fitting in the sleeves, but it’s unshaped in the torso, which doesn’t really do much for my body shape.

But it will be very snug and warm for the Winter. Not much use to me in a warm Spring May!

11.5.14
The first sleeve is done, and I’m about one third of the way up the other. As I suspected, the sleeves are working out a bit long. It’s not too bad though, so I’m sticking with it, and not trying to futz with the pattern.

26.4.14
Thanks to a week away (well, five actual days away) I’ve got a ton more done. I’ve got both fronts finished, and I’m about half way up the first sleeve, soon to start on the raglan shaping.

I’m a bit unsure about whether I’m interpreting the sleeve instructions correctly. I keep thinking that if I follow the instructions correctly, I’ll end up with sleeves fit for a gorilla. I’m going to stick with the instructions As Is, and hope that they’ll work out alright.

15.4.14
I’ve finished the back now, and just cast on the left front.

I decided to change from the shorter, 3/4 length sleeved version of this cardigan to the standard full length version. It’s a smidge longer in the body, and full length sleeves. It’s still the same basic pattern though.

10.4.14
I haven’t knitted for myself for YEARS! On coming back to knitting it all seems to be way harder than 20 odd years ago when I last did any knitting. They all seem to be “top-down” (never done that!) or “knitted in the round” (never done that either!). So I was basically just grateful to find a nice straightforward pattern with a back, two fronts and two sleeves.

I’m not convinced that it’s going to turn out right, because the length is supposed to be the same front and back, yet clearly with a substantial bosom, it seems logical to me that the front should be longer. But hey… I’m going to stick to the pattern.
ETA - link to my blog, because I can’t get it to link any other way: https://beassewingadventures.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/dri...

viewed 95 times
Finished
March 29 2014
May 19 2014
About this pattern
MissBeaCurtis' star rating
MissBeaCurtis' difficulty rating
101 projects, in 135 queues
About this yarn
by Wendy
Aran
75% Acrylic, 25% Wool
875 yards / 400 grams
MissBeaCurtis' star rating

1500 projects

stashed 550 times

  • Project created: March 29, 2014
  • Finished: May 19, 2014
  • Updated: June 28, 2014
  • Progress updates: 7 updates