When I washed this shawl all the red from the burgundy colour disappeared and it turned more into a brown until you get it into direct sunlight and then it picks up what is left of the red. So it’s kind of like my natural hair colour now.
The red also bled into the yellow and made it a warmer tone. My original concern once this started knitting up was that the colours just weren’t working together but now I actually prefer the dark brown with hints of red here and there and yellow rather than red and yellow.
I kind of switched up the pattern a bit. I followed the pattern until I got to the final colour B (yellow) stripe and then i noticed I had a whole lot of extra yarn left over (I read the yardage requirements wrong and thought I needed double what I really did. oops) so I decided to just knit the entire rest of the yellow up so it matched the beginning better. Then I wasn’t really paying attention and ran out of yellow before I could bind off. Not wanting to go back I used up some of colour A for a couple of rows and the bind off and I still have some left although I don’t think enough for anything.