I only ribbed 15 rows to start because 30 on the size yarn I have seemed like far too many.
I followed the patter and switched to the size 5 needles for the stripes and did the stripe pattern 5 times on size 5 needles then switch back to size 3 for 4 more stripes to have a slight tapper in the calf.
The heel seemed like it would be far too large, but it ended up being perfect, if a little roomy.
After turning the heel and doing the decrease for the foot, 64 stitches seemed like far too many so I left the pattern and continued to decrease every row until I got down to 54 stitches.
The pattern was unclear about where to measure from, but I found that measuring from them line where the stitches are picked up for the sides of the foot was a good place.