knitfunlove's projects
Sweater for Hotty

knitfunlove > notebook > projects > Sweater for Hotty

December 21 2011
January 2 2012
Project info
Sweater for Hotty
Hottie by Kim Hargreaves
my husband's grandmother
25x18 cm
Needles & yarn
US 7 - 4.5 mm
US 3 - 3.25 mm
US 6 - 4.0 mm
YarnArt Shetland
none left in stash
1 skein = 240.6 yards (220.0 meters), 100 grams
December 21, 2011

I’m really happy with this project. The water bottle sweater turned out very nice and cozy.
Anyway, my cat appreciated the renewed water bottle very much =)
I made a few serious mistakes, but it’s only my fault - wrong needle sizes and a couple of mistakes in reading the pattern notes made me feel tired about this project. The pattern itself is great, and next time I’ll read all of the descriptions carefully and before I start.
I made only one row of increases and chose too small double-pointed needles, so the neck is too tight.

Project diary:
21.12.2011 Bought the gray yarn and red shiny buttons - I think the finished piece will look very cozy and ‘winter’. Also bought the hot water bottle =)
Got the gauge with 5 mm needles, but they aren’t comfortable enough for me, so I started to knit with 4.5 mm. Knit first 20 rows - I’m getting just the right size for my bottle =)
24.12.2011 Finished back, startes lower front. Like the yarn, it’s really nice and “tweedy”.
25.12.2011 Finished both front parts, seamed all three parts together. Started to knit neck on double-pointed needles (for the first time!) to avoid the seam on neck.
2.01.2012 The Hottie is finally finished.
With all these winter holidays I hadn’t much time to knit, but the gift is ready before Christmas, which is celebrated in our region on the 7th of January.

viewed 19 times
December 21 2011
January 2 2012
About this pattern
knitfunlove's star rating
knitfunlove's difficulty rating
56 projects, in 9 queues
About this yarn
by YarnArt
70% Acrylic, 30% Wool
241 yards / 100 grams
knitfunlove's star rating

335 projects

stashed 88 times

  • Originally queued: December 20, 2011
  • Project created: December 20, 2011
  • Finished: January 2, 2012
  • Updated: August 21, 2012
  • Progress updates: 5 updates