I stopped someone at Rhinebeck wearing this shawl and asked what pattern it was - I just had to make it!
After reading some project notes, I guess I’m missing the appeal of making the center lace motifs on each side 2 stitches wider than the repeat sections. Larisa’s Holden has her mods to change this.
I decided I wanted to start the lace a little earlier at 5 repeats across (total) on each side and removing the extra center motif stitches. This means that I started the lace repeats after row 64 (between the border 3 and the center 1, there are 65sts including yarn overs). I love spreadsheets.
Halfway through the third repeat of the lace, I came to terms with the battle of yarn vs. pattern here. This yarn needs to be socks - I just know it. So, I bound off. We’ll see if I have the guts to frog it!
98g total - 44g left = 54g used/226.8 yards
Alas, I am not so great at taking my own picture, modeling knitwear, or in this case both.