March 3, 2020
April 17, 2020


Project info
Knitzone by Astrid Müller
Neck / TorsoShawl / Wrap
Fun and to use up my Drops Flora leftovers
Needles & yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
Garnstudio DROPS Flora
230 yards in stash
Garnstudio DROPS Flora
230 yards in stash
May 16, 2019
Garnstudio DROPS Flora
345 yards in stash

I do not like Mystery KALs.
I am not keen on shawls.
I loved all of the Rubator patterns I knitted so far.
And I need a good use for my Flora leftovers.
So I am IN!

Colour 1: Drops Flora, light blue

Contrast Colour 1: Wollmeise Twin Ruby Tuesday

Colour 2: Supergarne Bamboo Sockyarn (ran out of this 4 rows before end of clue 2, so switched to Malabrigo Sock

Contrast Colour 2: Lana Grossa Meilenweit 6fach Tweed in Grey

Colour 3: Drops Flora, curry yellow

Colour 4: Drops Flora light grey

Colour 5: Drops Flora light blue

Colour 6: Drops Flora Red

Contrast Colour 3: Wollmeise Twin Ruby Tuesday

Colour 7: Drops Flora Green

Colour 8: Drops Flora curry yellow

Colour 9: Drops Flora light grey

Contrast Colour 4: Wollmeise Twin Ruby Tuesday

Contrast Colour 5: Wollmeise Twin Ruby Tuesday

** Colour 10:** Drops Flora light blue

Colour 11: Drops Flora Curry Yellow

Colour 12: Drops Nord Jeans

Colour 13: Drops Flora light grey

Colour 14: Drops Nord Jeans

Colour 15: Drops Flora Green

March 3, 2020

Decided to start with the light blue Flora,
did the “Punkter” row in Wollmeise Pure Ruby Tuesday leftovers from this project »
and the contrasting stripes in Bamboo yarn from here »

Did not like how the center spine increases look so decided to do traditional yarnover increases.

March 4, 2020

Finished 8 of the 10 dark blue contrasting ribs, so I should be done with the first part when clue 2 comes out by the end of the week.

March 5, 2020

Finished the last 4 rows of clue 1 and when I was finished, clue 2 was out - yeah!

Started and was two rows after the contrast bobble row (in colour 3) when I saw that I forgot to do the (k3) after the (k1,yo,k1) - well, I will definitely NOT redo this!

Used thicker yarn for the contrast row, so I hope it will be bouncy enough without the re-knitting.

March 6, 2020

Did k2tg, k1, psso for the “closing” of my bobbles - I think it looks ok.

April 17, 2020

Finished knitting! Did Slp2, k1, psso for the k3tg in the border; used a crochet hook to do a single crochet cast off for stretchyness.

Might even skip the knitted scallops and doing a shell stitch crochet bind off next time.

I will not do the Icord on the top edge as given in the pattern as it might be too stiff with that.

Really LOOOOOVE how this came out - huge, even before blocking (which I do not plan to do agressively) and very warm and cozy… I am already thinking about a second version…

This is huge- about close to 3 metres on top. I did not weigh it, but I woud assume I used about 300 g of yarn.

viewed 240 times
March 3, 2020
April 17, 2020
About this pattern
111 projects, in 40 queues
Domic's overall rating
Domic's clarity rating
Domic's difficulty rating
Domic's adjectives for this pattern
  1. mysterious
  2. interesting
  3. challenging
About this yarn
by Garnstudio
65% Wool, 35% Alpaca
230 yards / 50 grams

18970 projects

stashed 12516 times

Domic's star rating
Domic's adjectives for this yarn
  1. halo
  2. fluffy
  3. warm
  • Project created: March 3, 2020
  • Finished: April 17, 2020
  • Updated: April 25, 2020
  • Progress updates: 6 updates