#01 Striped Cardigan
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2009/10: “Mably’s intarsia-striped, oversized box cardigan is worked from side to side in Mission Falls’ ‘1824 Wool.’ The solid ribbing at the collar and front bands differs from the corrugated ribbing at the cuffs”
“Very oversized cardigan knit sideways for vertical stripes on the bodice.”
- Sizes for one size fits all
- Bust (buttoned) 67”/170cm
- Length 24.5”/62cm
- Upper arm 20”/50.5cm
- 14 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 85yd/78m) of Mission Falls, 1824 Wool (superwash wool) in #3 oyster (MC)
- 8 balls in #4 charcoal (CC)
- One pair size 8 (5mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGES
- Five ¾-inch/20mm buttons
- Stitch markers and holders
- 18 sts and 24 rows = 4”/10cm over St st using size 8 (5mm) needles
- TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE
- Back and fronts are worked sideways.
- When changing colors, twist yarns on WS to prevent holes in work.