#01 Two-Piece Stole
This lightweight wrap consists of two rectangles, knit separately and sewn to form a “V”. Originally designed for Vogue Knitting in a palette of neutrals, it gets new life in vivid reds! Featured as L-Shaped Stole in the Knit red book.
Gauge in Inca Alpaca: 21 stitches & 32 rows = 4 inches in Textured Pattern
Purple shawl photo by Rose Callahan. Copyright © 2012 by Soho Publishing/Sixth&Spring Books. From Knit Red by Laura Zander, published by Sixth&Spring Books.
A portion of the sale of this book is going to support The Heart Truth, a campaign by the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health that helps to create awareness about the #1 killer of women in the US- Heart Disease. This book is also a part of the Stitch Red campaign.
Vogue Knitting’s description:
One long and one short, rectangles are joined together in a textured mosaic in this all-season lightweight wrap. Edges are finished with reverse stockinette stitch.
• 6 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 148yd/136m) of Dale of Norway Sisik (wool/mohair/ acrylic/viscose) in #160 olive tweed (MC)
• 2 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 126yd/116m) of Dale of Norway Tiur (mohair/wool) each in #9853 olive (A), #2343 khaki (B) and #9835 lt olive (C)
• One pair size 5 (3.75mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• Size 5 (3.75mm) circular needle, 29”/74cm long
• One size.
• 18”/45.5cm wide by 54”/137cm long (length is measured from inside joining point of back neck).
• 18 sts and 25 rows = 4”/10cm over pat st (after blocking) using size 5 (3.75mm) needles.