#02 Sideways Cardigan
Pattern description from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2008: “Knit cuff to cuff in horizontal panels of zigzag cables and lace, Deborah Newton’s boxy cardigan looks crisp in biofil-cotton ‘Sky’ from Tahki Stacy Charles. It closes at the top with two oversized buttons.”
“Cropped, standard-fitting, fly-away cardigan worked multi-directionally with lace and zigzag patterns. Sized for X-Small/Small, Medium/Large, 1-X/2-X and shown in size X-Small/Small on page 61.”
- X-Small/Small (Medium/Large, 1-X/2-X)
- Bust 37½ (45, 52½)”/95 (114, 133)cm
- Length 16 (17, 18)”/40.5 (43, 45.5)cm
- 7 (9, 11) 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 92yd/82m) of Tahki Yarns/Tahki.Stacy Charles, Inc. Sky (biofil cotton) in #1 ecru
- One pair size 7 (4.5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Two 1-3/8”/34mm buttons
- 20 sts and 28 rows = 4”/10cm over openwork pat using size 7 (4.5mm) needles
- Zigzag panel and lace panel (15 sts total) = 3.5”/9cm wide
- One repeat of Zigzag panel (24 rows) - 3.75”/9.5cm
Note: Lower portions of sweater are worked side to side with yoke picked up and worked to shoulders.
There is a 4” ease Only 3 sizes.
Sky is made of 100% Biofil cotton, which is grown without pesticides, chemical fertilizers or defoliants. The supersoft cotton fibers are spun, then colored with low-impact dyes that are environmentally-friendly.