#03 Lacy Butterfly Scarf
Pattern description from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2007:
When the light catches the metallic-shot ‘Goldrush’ by Plymouth Yarn Co. just so, a butterfly lace pattern takes wing. Paden knit this scarf from its provisional cast-on out in both directions and trimmed it with crocheted lace.
Long scarf in a lacy butterfly stitch with a crochet picot border.
- 8 .88oz/25g cones (each approx 109yd/100m) of Plymouth Yarn Co. Gold Rush (viscose/metallised polyester) in #5 silver
- One size 7 (4.5mm) circular needle, 24”/60cm length or size to obtain gauge
- One size 3 (3.25mm) needle
- One size D-3 (3.25mm) crochet hook
- Cable needle
- Small amount of contrast waste yarn