#03 Textured Cape
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2008/09: “The cape is, hands down, the silhouette of the season. Hale’s dolman coat version, in ‘Highland Alpaca’ by Gedifra/Westminster Fibers, is knit in one piece from the deep ribbed bottom edge up through the trinity-stitch body. The front and collar bands are picked up and worked in seed stitch, while the ‘cuffs’ around the arm slits get the stockinette treatment.”
“Loose-fitting cape worked in trinity stitch with deep rib lower edge borders and seed stitch front bands and collar.”
- Bust (closed) 53.5 (61.5)”/136 (156)cm
- Length 30.5 (33.5)”/77.5 (85)cm
- Note: Due to the oversized silhouette of this garment, it will fit a large range of sizes.
- 8 (10) 3.5oz/100g balls (each approx 45yd/41m) of Gedifra/Westminster Fibers, Inc. Highland Alpaca (alpaca/wool) in #2905 lilac
- Size 19 (15mm) circular needle 60”/150cm long or size to obtain gauge
- One set (4) size 19 (15mm) dpn
Note: At the end of every pat row 1, there will be 2 less sts in the row. Then at the end of every pat row 3, there will be 2 more sts and back to the original number. Rep rows 1-4 for trinity st.