Pattern description from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2008: “Opera-length gloves dramatically cast an exploded intarsia-leaf pattern against a black background. Osborne and Muir used eleven shaded of Lana Grossa/Muench yarns’ luxurious ‘Pashmina,’ a merino/cashmere blend.”
“Long gloves with intarsia leaf design.”
- Hand circumference 7”/17.5cm
- Length of cuff 13½”/34cm
- 2 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 137yd/125m) of Lana Grossa/Muench Yarns Pashmina (extrafine merino wool/cashmere) in #8 black (MC)
- 1 ball each in #13 dark charcoal (A), #30 medium charcoal (B), #24 navy (C), #12 taupe (D), #10 burgundy (E), #29 chocolate (F), #28 olive (G, and #25 eggplant (H)
- One pair each size 3 and 5 (3.25 and 3.75mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Two sizes 5 (3.75mm) double-pointed needles (dpn)
- Stitch markers, bobbins and tapestry needle
- When changing colors, twist yarns on WS to prevent holes in work.
- Use a separate bobbin for each color section. do no carry yarn across back of work.
- Gloves are worked back and forth in rows. Dpns are used to work small number of sts in fingers.