#08 Felted Wreath
Pattern description from Knit Simple Magazine, Holiday 2006:
* WHO: Designed by Nicky Epstein
* WHAT: A ring of felted poinsettia and holly to announce your holiday spirit.
* WITH: Handspun Semi-Solids by Manos del Uruguay/Design Source
* WEAR: Spotlight it solo on a door or integrate it into a holiday display.
* WHY: this perennial show-stopper won’t shed pine needles.
* WOW FACTOR: Knit up a bunch in the off-season so you’ll always have a spectacular hostess gift at the ready.
* Prefelted fabric is always knit at a looser gauge than is normally recommended.
* Place the small embellishments in a lingerie bag or pillowcase before putting them in the washing machine.
* With two strands held together and a large crochet hook, make two5” / 12.5cm chains and felt. Sew chains into loops and attach to the back of the wreath, at the center top and center bottom. The second loop prevents the wreath from sagging when hung.
* Change colors and floral scheme for each season. Refer to Nicky Epstein’s Knitted Flowers (Sixth&Spring Books) for more ideas.
* Pattern calls for 4 hanks of jungle multi, 3 hanks of green, 2 hanks of poppy and one hank each of flame multi, spruce and goldenrod. Yarn is specified as Handspun Semi-Solids by Manos del Uruguay/The Design Source.
* Size 11 (8mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE.
* Beads from Bead Warehouse #17051 (105 beads)
* 48” x 64” / 122cm x 162.5cm piece of quilt batting (approx size), sewing thread, long needle