#08 Wrap Coat
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2008/09: “Julie Hines’s richly textured wrap coat, knit in ‘Cashmere Merino Silk Aran’ by Subline/KFI, has an intriguing construction: Panels of slip-stitch herringbone, knit upward in somewhat of an inverted L-shaped piece, are juxtaposed with triangular garter-stitch insets that form the side gussets. The sleeves are extensions of the back and are finished with garter-stitch cuffs.
“Close-fitting, herringbone pat coat with garter stitch insets and shawl collar, and snap closures.”
- Bust (closed) 32 (36, 40)”/81 (91.5, 101.5)cm
- Length 22.5 (22.5, 23)”/57 (57, 58.5)cm
- Upper arm 15 (16, 17)”/38 (40.5, 43)cm
- 20 (22, 24) 1.75oz/50g balls (each approx 94yd/86m) of Sublime/KFI Cashmere Merino Silk Aran (extrafine merino/silk/cashmere) in #62 aubergine
- One pair size 8 (5 mm) needles or size to obtain gauge.
- Size metal 1”/25mm snaps
Additional Gauge: 27 sts and 48 rows = 4”/10cm over herringbone pat foll chart using size 8 (5mm) needles.
- When working herringbone pat, work first and last st in garter st for selvage. Work all incs and decs 1 st in from edge (inside of selvage sts).
- After working 3 slip sts, carry the yarn loosely across the RS of the piece before working the nect 3 k or p sts to avoid puckering.
Pages: 60 & 87-88.
garter st using size 8 (5mm) needles