#11 Lace Scarf
Pattern Description from Knit.1, Fall/Winter 2008: “An intuitive four-row lace repeat, as rhythmic as the ‘surf’ of this bead-spun colorway, forms the body of Mari Tobita’s silken scarf. The undulating borders combine two different lace patterns; one end is knit separately and grafted onto the main body with Kitchener stitch, to maintain symmetry.”
Size: Length approx 56”/142cm. Width approx 8”/20.5cm
- 3 hanks in Surf of Beaded Lace by Tilli Tomas, 1¾oz/50g hanks, each approx 165yd/151m (silk).
- One pair size 5 (3.75mm) needles or size to get the gauge
- Stitch holder or extra needle
- Tapestry needle
- Length approx 56”/142cm
- Width approx 8”/20.5cm
- The scarf is worked in 2 pieces and joined with Kitchener st.
- The first and last st of each row is worked in garter st throughout.
Pages: 36 & 69.