This pullover unisex sweater is from an out of print Dale of Norway booklet that is sometimes available on eBay or from other sources.
Editors’ note: Although a Patternfish PDF was briefly available in August 2011, it was removed because of problems with legibility of the chart. Check that site to see if the problem has been resolved and the download restored.
- This drop shoulder sweater is knit in the round and cut for the armholes and neckline zipper. The zipper can be omitted easily.
- Stranded colorwork and a simple ribbed accent at cuffs and shoulders are knit from charts.
- Six sizes ranging from 41 inches (104cm) to 53.5 inches (136cm) finished chest measurement are offered. A schematic provides other useful measurements.
- Double pointed and long and short circular needles in all three sizes, or as needed to get gauge, are required. It is recommended that you use one size smaller needle for the large solid color portions than you use for the stranded work.
- Two color ways are suggested. You will need 13-18 balls of the main color, 3-4 balls of a second color and one ball of an accent color. You will also need an approximately 6 inch (15cm) zipper for the neck.